Learning Of Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies are one way through which a person can get over the dependency on the drugs.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Facilities that use holistic therapy apply to exercise, meditation, and nutrition in their treatment regime.
The overall well-being of the individual is considered by holistic therapy primarily while also providing proper attention to the physical symptoms of addiction and withdrawal.
Some holistic therapies used are
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Meditation with guide
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- Therapy using Art
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
In holistic therapy programs, addiction treatment methods that are not medical are applied based on an individual's needs. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. Holistic therapy treatment plans are individualized and easy to follow.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Strengthening the resistance to cravings
- Encouraging physical exercises
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Categories Of Holistic Therapy For Addiction
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
Mainly, therapy methods include the following
- Nutritional Therapy
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- The addict body need to always be in shape if they are to recover effectively.
- In holistic therapy, this is one of the main practices that should never be avoided.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- An uncluttered mind is essential to fight addiction.
- Many holistic rehab programs feature guided meditation.
- A number of centres are also offering yoga, and tai chi has meditative practices to help inpatient residents increase their focus and clarity to the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. However, a doctor should be available to monitor the progress of the treatments on the addict.
Traditional methods added by holistic techniques include
- Medically supervised/assisted detoxification
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Individualized psychological counselling
Most of recovering patients as well participate in groups of 12-step program (e.g. Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous) to get psychological assistance.
Find A Holistic Treatment Centre Providing Therapy For Addiction
A number of drug rehab centres offer holistic therapy as part of their inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. This is mainly because it is effective when used with the other known techniques of overcoming drug addiction. In assisting addictive, patients learn how to cope with stress. Yoga works well with Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
All types of drug and alcohol addictions can be overcome by using the different techniques. Treatment centres for holistic therapy are available throughout the country and are putting together recovery plans, which are tailored to suit individual needs.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 today to help you locate a treatment facility near you providing holistic therapy.