Knowing My Addiction Treatment Options
There are numerous treatment choices accessible for individuals battling with a dependency on alcohol or drugs. These incorporate inpatient and outpatient recovery, continuous support groups and various sorts of treatments.
Either an inpatient or outpatient treatment program can be used to start the recovery process. A patient's individual requirements are taken into account and the medical care is tailor-made for them, since every person has a unique situation. Depending on how serious the addiction is and which substance is being abused, the medical personnel will draw up a suitable treatment plan.
- Inpatient Medical Care
- Inpatient program provide intense level of treatment with carefully supervised detoxification and 24/7 support
- Inpatient recovery is prescribed for serious addictions or for people with co-morbid issue.
- More people remain drug free in the long term after residential treatment compared to other options.
- Outpatient Medical Care
- Outpatient treatment is perfect for individuals who are spurred to quit utilizing their substance, yet require the adaptability of a program that will work around their timetable.
- During treatment, outpatient programs allow continuing care and access to family.
- Sober Living Homes
- Sober living homes acts as a link between and inpatient treatment program and the "outside world"
- A sober living home provides a controlled environment in which a person can put into practice what they learnt in rehab and they can also use the opportunity to develop better habits.
- Support Groups
- Care groups are instrumental to proceed with temperance after recovery.
- There are several support groups that are customized to specific drugs and demographics.
- In a support group, recovering addicts will find people with whom they have a lot in common and they can encourage each other to remain clean.
- Addiction Counsellors
- When a person is in a rehab program, an addiction counsellor can offer them support that will not enable their habits.
- An individualized plan for treatment and aftercare is created by counsellors and conduct group or one-on-one therapy sessions.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Common Medical Care Plan
Most alcohol and drug treatment programs take after a comparative system, starting with a medical detoxification and proceeding into progressing treatments.
- 1. Detoxing Alcohol and Drugs
- Medical Detoxification is conducted under the supervision of a physician, who is there to make sure that the side effects of withdrawal are minimized, and is the initial step in most medical care programs.
- Detoxing from a few medications requires the utilization of drug amid treatment to facilitate the withdrawal procedure.
- These medications are regularly decreased down until the patient is no more extended dependent on any substance.
- 2. Comparing residential and outpatient drug treatment
- To assist patients in beating intense addictions due to prolonged drug abuse, residential rehabs develop rigorous medical care programs.
- A recovering user who still needs to attend school or work can opt for outpatient treatment which doesn't require the patients to sleep over.
- 3. Continued Medical Care (Post Rehabilitation)
- To reduce the possibility of relapsing, recovering users can take advantage of the various therapies that are designed for people who've just come out of rehab.
- Treatments that provide encouragement and taking responsibility for their actions are very vital, since addiction is a never-ending struggle.
Addiction Treatment Therapies
A person's cycle of abuse and health status is what determines what therapies are used when getting medical care.
Therapists arrange a number of single or shared therapy sessions to determine the appropriate therapies.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relapsing is easy if a person exposes themselves to certain thought patterns so CBT is used to help people address these thoughts and the feelings that arise from these thoughts.
- Co-occurring conditions, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) can be treated with this form of therapy.
- This therapy is used to monitor the vital signs of a person and involves placing of sensors on the skin of a patient so as to read these signs.
- On-site biofeedback treatment sessions normally last around 30 minutes to an hour and are intended to furnish recouping addicts with a mental edge to beat their addictions.
- Holistic Therapy
- Physicians treat a person's bodily side effects, but their main concern is the patient's general health during holistic therapy.
- Meditation, art, music, yoga and acupuncture are a few of the commonly practiced holistic therapies.
- Experiential Therapy
- Patients are taught to deal with suppressed feelings that might have factored into their dependency on drugs using experiential therapy, which is a modern technique.
- Rock climbing, rope courses and wilderness therapy are a few examples of this sort of therapy.
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Where a user may have certain thoughts or actions that they associate with drug use, MET helps the user to change these thoughts.
- Users who have bipolar disorder, eating disorders and other conditions can greatly benefit from this type of therapy.
- Dialectal Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Amid DBT, extreme emotional instabilities are dealt with in conjunction with an addiction issue.
- The purpose of this treatment is to provide the recovering users with ways of handling stress in their lives, help them to remove addiction triggers and boost their self-image.
- Faith-Based Treatment
- We provide individuals who value religion with specialized programs and facilities that centre around faith and spirituality at faith-based treatment centres.
- Inside this sort of treatment, recouping addicts can encircle themselves with likeminded people who are searching for direction from a higher energy to remain resolute during sombreness.
Support Groups For Addiction
Addicts that are looking for a group that offers support and responsibility during recovery can join a support group.
Once a person has completed the initial phase of rehabilitation, these programs are important in helping them to stay sober afterwards.
- 12-Step programs
- These programs are staple for most centres, and the steps are taken from a similar Alcoholics Anonymous program.
- Each of the steps is part of a process of seeking the help of a higher power in overcoming addiction as the users accept that they cannot deal with their addictions on their own.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Alcoholics Anonymous provides recovering alcoholics with a venue where they can meet with fellow recovering alcoholics, share life experiences and encourage one another.
- Familiar settings within the neighbourhood are the most frequently used for regular Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
- Family members or friends of alcoholics are invited to open AA meetings, but closed meetings can only be attended by the people who are recovering from alcoholism.
- NA (Narcotics Anonymous) Support Group
- Narcotics Anonymous is a support group created on the pattern of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- It offers a support system for individuals who are on the path to recovery from abuse of drugs other than alcohol.
- Members of NA encourage one another to live dedicated to sobriety and prevent backsliding into forms of misuse.
- Meetings are basically about members sharing their addiction experiences and their progress in recovery.
- Recovering from Addiction SMART
- SMART support groups serve as a well-known alternative to twelve-step ones.
- It enlightens addicts on the recovery course on how to manage their dependency by taking into account the existing feelings and thoughts associated with drug abuse.
- SMART recovery employs a "4-point" strategy with stages that may be accomplished in whichever order
Resources For Your Loved Ones
It can be extremely hard to see a person you truly adore fight a dependency to substances or alcohol. Luckily, there are several bases around to aid family or friends through the procedure of intervening, discovering a recovery clinic and connecting with assistive communities.
- How to Intervene in case of an Addiction
- Intervention is a procedure involving the patient and family members and is mostly administered by a qualified interventionist.
- The main objective of an intervention is to enable loved ones air their thoughts in a positive manner and inspire the victim to join a medication plan.
- The Al-Anon Support Group
- Al-Anon refers to a support group designed for family members and friends of people suffering from alcohol addiction.
- The goal of this particular group is to demonstrate to loved ones that they are not struggling alone as well as offering them appropriate means of regarding addiction as an illness of the entire family.
Finding The Best Treatment Clinics
There exist many addiction medical facilities throughout the UK offering specific medication and support for drug addicts.