FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Accepting one has a drug problem is not easy, however, giving into treatment at a recovery facility is an even harder first step. The way their lives could be influenced by the addiction rehab process becomes an object of fear for many - people are always afraid of grey areas. Here are answers to some questions you might have about the whole process.
Your journey to recovery will be easier the more you understand what will happen in treatment - including what happens when you enter a program, how long you'll be in treatment, and the costs associated with the program.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. A recovery programme can restore a user back to living a clean, satisfying and drug-free life.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
In rehab, treatment is tailored to each individual. This typically includes some combination of one-on-one and group drug abuse therapy, detoxification (detox), education to prevent a relapse and aftercare planning before the programme can be completed so that long-lasting sobriety can be maintained.
- Detoxification Detox is an essential part of early treatment. The toxic effects of alcohol and drugs are expelled by the body during detox. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Psychological and other social-therapy counselling continue to be a part of therapy after the cleansing is done. Patients in rehab programs go to group and/or individual therapy to recognize and deal with the problems that are underlying causes of the drug use. Treatment programs additionally teach people on the most proficient method to distinguish high-hazard circumstances plus triggers and develop regressing aversion aptitudes to watch over self-control.
- Post-care A workable after care plan is developed for the patient with the help of the staff towards the termination of the rehab treatment program. Usually, this includes a combination of support groups and continuing individual therapy with sober living arrangements if they are needed.
What Is The Time Required For Recovery?
Rehabilitation programme has no mapped out duration for everyone. Numerous rehabilitation centres offer 30-day programs. Some people will need longer 60 or 90 day programs or even a long term admission of an inpatient treatment centre to help them maintain a steady path toward recovery. The treating therapist considers a lot of things before recommending the amount of time a patient might need, these include; length and seriousness of the addiction, what drug or drugs one is abusing, if there are any complications in medical, mental, or behaviour arising from the usage of the drugs, and what the patient's needs are as concerns their physiological, psychological, sentimentally, relationships, way of life and religious.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
No, addiction is not curable, but it can be managed successfully. Irrespective of the duration of the addiction, alcohol and drug dependency recovery does not stop after the individual concludes the rehab programme. Recovery is a continuing process for the rest of one's life. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation assists people to learn how to deal with substance cravings and to get through difficult phases when the impulse to relapse is powerful. It can likewise show relationship building abilities to get ready for the everyday battles of recouping from enslavement and how to address the general population or circumstances that may have added to or exacerbated the substance issue in any case.
However, group or individual therapy sessions may be needed for complete healing, and may be coupled with support group gatherings or 12-step attendance. A few people observe extra exercises to be important for supporting their progressing recovery. Some of these activities might include art, music, yoga, or meditation.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
When I Relapse - What Happens?
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. It offers a chance to re-evaluate your path and get back into a programme that gives the assistance and support required to stay sober.
Many recovering addicts find themselves entering rehab more than once before they can stand firm and continue on the recovery journey. The main individual who can deal with your compulsion is you and recovery will help you construct the abilities important to care for balance.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. There are high end, luxury programs that charge extra for special services and amenities and possible increase staff to patient ratios.
Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- What amenities are provided - Acupuncture, yoga, massage, animal-assisted therapy, private rooms, gourmet food, and other factors that enhance the healing process may be part of this.
- Length of program - The cost linked with treatment programmes is mainly decided by the duration of your stay. During the intake, a counsellor will explain the duration suggested for your best chance at long-lasting recovery.
- The location - High-end luxury facilities will be more expensive than regular treatment facilities. The commute to the centre can also be included into the cost, particularly when the centre is located far from your home.
- Sort of program - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
Cost Of Rehab Vs Cost Of Addiction
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. Fixation can be exorbitant due to
- Paying for the drugs themselves
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Legal penalties
- Medical accounts for mental/physical health problems linked with dependency
Dependency will "cost" an individual in other manners as well, differing from the weakening of relationships to a state of unhappiness and bad health in general.
Can I Use Insurance?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. Though, whether insurance will be welcomed will differ according to the specific centre. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
If your insurance will not pay for your time in treatment, talk to the facility you chose about other options for payment. Some other financial plans and sliding scale payment systems that reduce the burden of one-off payments may be offered by the program or facility.
Is It Better To Get Treatment Close To Home Or Far Away?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. The advantage here is that users are taken away from that particular environment where drug and alcohol abuse happen, which is their home.
Because it is a completely different environment, patients can focus fully on their recovery without worrying about outside temptations from friends and family.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. Responsibilities at home and work may not allow for one to attend an away rehab programme, so a local one will take care of the headache of making everything work out.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
How Do I Choose Between Inpatient And Outpatient?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
These are addiction treatment facilities that offer help 24 hours. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
People who have severe addictions, addictions that have been going on for a very long time, or any coexisting medical or mental conditions typically look for an inpatient facility. It might likewise be a decent alternative for the individuals who have attempted past recovery endeavours (either inpatient or outpatient) and have since backslid.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
Patients are allowed to attend therapy, treatment sessions and other programs from their home in outpatient facilities. This structure gives a man a chance to proceed with a great extent unobstructed work, school or home life while looking for treatment. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
Outpatient programs vary from centre to centre. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Expenses of outpatient care are generally lower than those of inpatient care in light of the fact that there are fewer luxuries and less staff hours required in direct care. Since patients can leave, patients don't need to pay for the day and night care. Several insurance plans might pay for a part or even all of the cost.
You can contact us on 0800 246 1509 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. In the bid to choose the best addiction rehab program for you, you should send your enquiries to our rehab placement agents.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. By limiting your productivity at work, the results of your addiction may reveal your current addiction situation in your office.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How To Get Time Off Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. Even so, there are a few alternatives that can facilitate this procedure. The options are
- Employee Assistance Programmes The voluntary programme that offers free treatment recommendations, limited counselling, and confidential assessments from your boss is termed An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family and Medical Leave Act If a medical condition interferes with the way you work, some employers will allow the employee to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave without affecting the health insurance under cover of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off One more option for taking time off from your work to receive assistance with drug abuse is just to use accrued personal/sick time or vacation to receive rehab assistance.
- Executive Rehab Centres There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programmes The last option is to attend an outpatient program if you can't take time away from home or work and cannot afford an executive rehab centre. Inpatient treatment facilities that offer intense 24-hour treatment and monitoring are best suited for those patients battling strong addictions and relapse issues.
In general, there are countless different manners to receive assistance as an employee, and looking for treatment for addiction will at all times be better for your career, your health, and your life overall in the long term.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Innovative recovery therapies, gourmet meals from trained cooks, adventure therapies and a holistic treatment programme are offered in luxury rehab centres.
CEOs of big companies, celebrities, and other famous persons prefer luxury rehab as they offer special treatment in their high-class amenities, assure privacy and the chance to be with others of their class; however, anyone is free to attend the treatment programmes as long as they can afford either by insurance, private payments or a marrying of the two.
How Can I Locate An Addiction Rehabilitation Programme?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. When you are not sure what type of treatment programme is correct for a loved one or yourself and want to chat about rehabilitation and recovery options more, contact us at 0800 246 1509 to chat with one of our rehab placement representatives.