Crucial initial steps in deciding how someone's drug treatment plan should look are drug detoxification and withdrawal procedures. In order to get someone is a stable state of mind, you have to introduce a period of no drug use because continued use of the substance often skews good judgement in addition to rationalizing continued use of the drug by the brain.
Users can clear their heads and consider their further treatment plans while detox process lasts. The idea is to get the individual to start to recognize the addiction and reduce and abolish drug use.
The detox period is termed as the window of opportunity for people in both medical and personal conflict or crisis to seek further help or treatment in accordance to TIP 45 on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, SAMHSA.
Detoxification - What Is It?
SAMHSA defines detoxification as a series of interventions that are structured in order to manage the symptoms that arise from withdrawal of the drug as well as acute or minor intoxication. It precedes substance abuse rehab, so it is different than it. Detox might last for a couple of months, but sometimes it can only last a week or less. Alcohol Rehab Liverpool has detox experts who can offer assistance in efficiently treating withdrawal signs and have you enrolled in a treatment programme which is customised to align with your needs. Since detox do not deal directly with resolving social, psychological, emotional and cognitive concerns related to drug dependency, it is therefore suggested for patients to obtain long-lasting treatment programmes.
Drug Detox Stages
By the end of the detox process, the three steps involved should be able to set a patient on a path to either an outpatient or an inpatient recovery treatment plan.
- It is imperative to accurately diagnose and assess a person's addiction for an appropriate treatment plan to be effective.
- The assessment stage pinpoints the addiction and extent of use and reveals any hidden mental or medical conditions or complications that can occur with the substance abuse.
- Patients start withdrawal from alcohol or drugs with the procedure called stabilization.
- The objective for this phase is to get to a substance-free condition.
- In order to help with the process, especially in cases where the patient is a heavy drug user, a prescription of medication can be provided.
- Real recognition and acknowledging that there is a problem in regards to an addiction is possible once someone has gotten to a state of balance in the mind as well as once stabilization of thought is achieved.
- This paves the way towards complete recovery including the patient's role in this endeavour.
- Helping Admission Into Substance Treatment
- Statistics show that a large number of people who go through the detoxification process do not go further in search of treatment for their substance abuse problem.
- The reason for this might differ from individual to individual, but it's a given that the people who continue with substance-free treatment frequently have better success rates for sobriety.
- Great importance is placed on sticking to sobriety and addiction education.
- Once detox is over and done with, the patient can continue with the treatment plans that the facility offers including inpatient or outpatient options.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Asking for addiction treatment is never late. If your life or those within your circle is challenged with drug dependency, contact Alcohol Rehab Liverpool right away.
We boast a specialised treatment centre for addiction and trained experts who are committed to ensuring successful results. You have the opportunity to consult with a qualified clinician in order to figure out all the options that are available to you in the quest for a drug-free life.